Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can someone help with newly transplanted Agave?

Hi, hoping someone can help!





Firstly, I live in Australia, and we're in the middle of the hot, dry summer. I transplanted my Agave around two weeks ago. Prior to that, it 'd been sitting in a bucket of water in my laundry, as my neighbour (who gave me the Agave) told me that it would create lots of new roots that way (which it did seem to).





I used a mixture of potting soil and a fair bit of sand for drainage. I gave it a good water on the day I potted it, but haven't watered since then. The soil does not look too dry, either.





I moved it into its new position, where it gets some sun during the day, but not all day. Lots of good indirect light, though.





It doesn't seem to be doing very well at the moment. The bottom leaves have become limp and a little yellow; one or two shrillveled up and died.





Is it just adjusting to being transplanted? Should I water more? I don't want to drown my new Agave, but perhaps a good water is what it needs to feel happier?





Any help appreciated! :-)

Can someone help with newly transplanted Agave?
tooooooo much water


cut way back on water,


it will lose some leaves after what it has been through


be patient
Reply:too much water not enough sun, plus it might be in shock so give it time to adjust.


No comments:

Post a Comment