Saturday, November 14, 2009

What is the alcohol content in the agave worm in mezcal?

I have heard that it's twelve shots at a Mexican restaurant, but I don't think that is accurate.

What is the alcohol content in the agave worm in mezcal?
I have been wondering and searching for that same answer for a while now. And try as I might I cannot find it.





Probably because there is no set amount. It would depend on the age and strength of the Mezcal, and the size of the worm, and perhaps what species and how it was prepared (if it was at all.)





But it certainly is not 12 shots, because then the mezcal would be 12 shots less potent, and I'm sure a worm cannot hold 4.8 ounces of pure ethanol, especially considering it must absorb some water as well.


I'd say 1/2 to 2 shots would be more believable.
Reply:It's the same as the mezcal.

rene

No comments:

Post a Comment