Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Is it possible to make agave nectar?

I wanna make the stuff, not buy it. Since it comes from a plant that grows in mexico, theoretically I could grow the plant here in Spain, then make the nectar.


Is it possible?

Is it possible to make agave nectar?
Possible, but certainly not an obvious cottage industry. Agave nectar (or agave syrup) is a concentrate of filtered, hydrolised agave juice, mechanically pressed from a number of species of agave. I'm inclined to think that by the time you would have got your equipment and facilities together, it could turn into very expensive agave nectar indeed... :-/





All the best.
Reply:It would be my guess that you could make it the same way as you would make Aloe juice.





Agave takes years to grow...tequila is made from the cactus after it reaches about 13 years of age.





My hubby is from tequila country (jalisco mexico)..I will ask him and revise my answer once he wakes up, so check back for updates, please!


No comments:

Post a Comment