Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Can you use agave nectar just as you would honey in recipes, etc?

I have a few recipes that call for honey (mainly oatmeal cookies, apple muffins, etc.). Can I use Agave Nectar in its place?

Can you use agave nectar just as you would honey in recipes, etc?
Agave is new to us too. We've been using it instead of honey in tea and such and it's fine.





I just made oatmeal cookies and replaced the honey with agave using the same amount. They had a tinge of a bitter aftertaste so next time I'll likely use 1/2 honey and 1/2 agave until we are more used to it.





I also want to try date sugar and molasses.





One thing we learned the hard way - agave pours out very quickly because it's more liquid than honey so watch that. : )





Good luck and enjoy!

arenas

No comments:

Post a Comment